Serve Your State
Search our comprehensive database of AmeriCorps service opportunities across New Hampshire
How do I start serving?
Search our database
Filter our comprehensive listing of AmeriCorps service opportunities in New Hampshire by location, duration, or cause to find the post that’s right for you.
Contact the organization
We provide you with the email, web application, or phone number to directly contact the sponsoring organization about applying for their AmeriCorps position.
Start giving back
Become an official AmeriCorps member and start giving back to your community – all while gaining valuable skills and experience.
What’s your passion?
Check out latest opportunities in your favorite category
- Disaster Services
- Economic Opportunity
- Environmental Stewardship
- Healthy Futures
- Veterans and Military Families
When disaster strikes, we repair homes, assist survivors, and help restore communities when it matters most. We have deployed thousands of members and volunteers to areas affected by hurricanes, wildfires, floods, and tornadoes.
Location: Manchester, NH
Organization: City Year New Hampshire
We serve on projects that cover thousands of acres of public lands across America – including many with the National Park Service. We help conserve natural habitats, protect clean air and water, and reduce utility bills by improving home energy efficiency.
Location: Based Out of Bear Brook State Park
Organization: Student Conservation Association
Location: Multiple locations throughout New Hampshire
Organization: Squam Lakes Association
We provide independent living services to 365,000 elderly Americans. We also build the capacity of food banks, combat the opioid crisis, tackle homelessness, and address food insecurity.
We provide assistance to nearly 500,000 veterans and military families by connecting them to education opportunities, jobs, and the beneÿts they have earned. Many veterans also volunteer with us so they can continue to serve their country.
We invite New Hampshire residents and non-residents of all ages to come to the Granite state and serve their communities through AmeriCorps, which will provide a meaningful – and memorable – experience as well as valuable job training and skills. Other benefits may include a living allowance, education award, health insurance, and childcare benefits. This site features only New Hampshire AmeriCorps member opportunities.
Are you an AmeriCorps member or alum? Use our website to see which institutions of higher education in this state will provide a Segal Education Award match, discounted tuition, or other benefits to national service members.
There are many businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies that give special precedence or other considerations to alums of AmeriCorps programs – and more are added every year! Use this website to see where you might want to go next after your service experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the appeal of the Serve, Learn, Earn pathway?
1. Serve: When you serve with AmeriCorps, you give back to your community and serve your country all while gaining valuable career skills and the chance to receive a living allowance. You also join a network of more than one million strong. AmeriCorps offers opportunities with different time commitments and requirements, meaning you can serve in whatever capacity works for your goals and lifestyle.
2. Learn: Earn money for college. If you have federal student loans, you will be able to defer payments during your service term. After successfully completing your term of service, you will be eligible to receive the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award. You can use the award to repay qualified student loans or pay current educational expenses at eligible institutions of higher education and training programs.
3. Earn: As an AmeriCorps alum, you will join the ranks of thousands of people who have made a difference. AmeriCorps alumni are strong leaders who are motivated, flexible, innovative, and outcome-oriented. They learn quickly, work well on diverse teams, and know how to mobilize others to tackle some of the most pressing challenges facing our nation and our world. You will have access to a network of Employers of National Service from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors; employers that give special hiring consideration to AmeriCorps alumni and Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.
What AmeriCorps opportunities are available in New Hampshire?
AmeriCorps VISTA: This program offers opportunities to fight poverty by helping local organizations expand their capacity to create change in the community. AmeriCorps VISTA member’s activities may include fundraising, grant writing, research, and/or volunteer recruitment, and there are professional development and leadership opportunities available through the organizations and the AmeriCorps Agency.
Are there other service opportunities?
(Outside of New Hampshire) AmeriCorps NCCC: This is a full-time, team-based residential service program for 18–26-year-olds. Get your hands dirty with the Traditional Corps, serve on at least four different projects in different states and cities within your assigned region of the country. Alternatively, join FEMA Corps to help communities prepare for and respond to disasters. Learn more here.
(For individuals age 55+) AmeriCorps Seniors: Each year, AmeriCorps Seniors engages more than 200,000 older adults in volunteer service through its Foster Grandparent, Senior Companion, and RSVP programs, enriching the lives of the volunteers and benefiting their communities. Learn more here.
(Traditional volunteer opportunities) Get Connected: Are you looking for a more traditional volunteer gig with a nonprofit organization in New Hampshire? Thousands of volunteers use Get Connected, Volunteer NH’s volunteer matching website, to find opportunities for one-time or long-term volunteerism. Sign up for your free account and get started tackling the challenges you’re most passionate about. If you are representing a nonprofit organization, you can also create a free account to post your volunteer opportunities. Learn more here.